Frequently asked questions
- Can I try Bigfoot pedals at my local dealer?
- Can I visit the Bigfoot showroom to try out Bigfoot custom pedals?
- Which countries do you deliver to?
- How much will delivery cost?
- What if I receive the pedal and it isn't right for me?
- Can you build me a pedal that isn't listed on your website?
- Should I buy the Germanium or silicon version?
Germanium transistors: are no longer manufactured / are more rare / command a higher price / have a higher noise floor / have a lower input impedance / typically have a vintage sound which is darker, warmer, bassier and looser.
Silicon transistors: are still in production / are generally more stable / have a lower noise floor / have a more high-fidelity specification / have a higher input impedance / typically have a modern sound which is clearer, brighter and tighter.
Both types of transistor, if chosen well, should: be very reliable / produce similar gain / be very dynamic and responsive / deliver professional quality tone.
- Do I need true bypass or buffered bypass foot switching?
Buffered bypass: presents a large input impedance and a small output impedance / guarantees all the high frequencies are transferred along your signal chain correctly without losses / uses more circuitry than true bypass switching / may result in losing a very small amount of signal gain / may have a very small affect on your tone / should not be used in front of certain vintage guitar pedals.
True bypass: is generally easy to integrate anywhere onto any pedalboard / will not affect your guitar tone / will not protect your guitar signal against becoming weaker and darker where large pedalboards or long guitar cables are used.
- How do I know if my pedal is true bypass or buffered bypass?
- I think I have a faulty Bigfoot product. What should I do?
- How long are Bigfoot Engineering products covered under gurantee?